Home renovations have the potential to add significant value to your home. If you are looking to sell your home soon and feel that renovations should be done, considering the different options and the amount of value that they will add to your home is the best way to approach the decision.
Home renovations, depending on their size and complexity, can take a significant amount of time and involvement, so tackling the project that best fits your goal is important.
Here at Holland Homes Sales, we want to ensure that your home is as presentable as possible when it is put on the market. Whether small design changes or large renovations will prepare your home best for selling, our professionals are here to help. Here are some possible renovations that will add value to your home:
There are an array of outdoor upgrades that will not only add value to your property but also entice more homebuyers to take a look at your place.
- Fences: The addition or replacement of an old faulty fence can add privacy that lots of families may desire, especially if they have kids or pets.
- Fire Pits/Kitchens: For home buyers that enjoy entertaining outside, the addition of areas to gather could greatly impact their decision. If done properly, it has the potential to add value to your home.
- Upgrading Decks/Patios: Decks and Patios can be a costly home renovation. It is recommended that rather than construct an entire new deck or patio to make upgrades to an existing one. Resealing the existing wood, pressure washing tile or other flooring types are just two ways to make your outdoor spaces look and feel new.
If you are interested in making other outdoor renovations, it is important to research their average return on investment to make sure that the project is worth it.
Finish unfinished spaces
Extra areas like unfinished basements can be overwhelming to potential buyers. Completing these areas with the flooring, drywall or whatever else that could be done will be an attractive selling point to buyers, especially those that are in need of the extra space.
Update outdated areas
There are some areas of your home that will be high traffic areas for both your family and guests. Making sure those important areas are welcoming, attractive and up to date will help to attract potential buyers.
- Kitchen: When looking to remodel your kitchen, weighing the cost of materials and how much you think you can get back is important to ensure that you don't end up losing money. If you do not want to redo your entire space, replacing the sink or replacing outdated appliances can help add value.
- Bathroom: People spend a good bit of time in their bathrooms getting ready and unwinding. Offering bathrooms that feel clean and spacious will be very appealing to home buyers. Making adjustments and renovations will help to add value to your home above outdated designs.
Whether you choose to upgrade your kitchen or bathroom, selecting timeless, neutral designs will ensure that the renovations will appeal to those people and last.
Tackle the big projects
There are some big projects that can hold potential buyers from considering your property. While some might factor the cost and renovation time into their home purchase, others might not want to deal with a large project as soon as they buy a property. Considering the condition of the following features will help decide if they are necessary to address prior to listing your home:
- Roof replacement: If your roof is experiencing buckled, curled or missing shingles, it may be time to get an expert to take a look. Depending on roof material, they do have to be replaced at some point. Taking care of this renovation prior to selling your home could add value to your home and take unwanted stress off of the future owners.
- New HVAC system: If your HVAC system has been showing warning signs of giving out, it may be the right time to replace it. While the average return on investment for a new HVAC system is only 35-50%, a broken or faulty HVAC system will be sure to raise potential buyers' concerns.
Large renovations are not simple decisions that can be accomplished quickly. Selecting the best renovation to increase your home's value and if it can be accomplished with the least interference to your daily life is important.
Our professionals at Holland Homes have the knowledge and experience to help decide what home upgrades you might want to consider prior to selling your home. If you are in the market to list your home, let us help. Contact us today so start the process of selling your home!